Make your online videos accessible
This training will show you how to make video files accessible to all of your visitors.
During this training, we will look at the needs of the user. The following elements are required to make an accessible video:
- A transcript
- Audio description
- An accessible video player
- No flashing images
Our main focus will be transcripts and captions. You will get to work on your own video:
- You will write your own transcript.
- You will learn how to make high quality captions based on the automatically generated subtitles by YouTube and/or your transcript provides.
- You will use an online tool to check whether your video contains flashing images.
This training will not teach you how to make or edit video's, nor will it teach you how to make audio descriptions.
This training is intended for anyone who publishes online video's, or who prepares video's for online publishing.
Necessary prior knowledge
- Duration: 1 full day.
- Location: online via Zoom, in company or in the training room of our offices.
- Bring your own video file to work with. Make sure you can access it as a .flv or .mp4, or as a YouTube clip.
- This is a hands-on training. Each participant must have access to:
- A computer with an up-to-date browser.
- A text editor and an HTML editor.
- A pair of headphones.
- Their own YouTube account.